At The Hikers Network, we are all about hiking and enjoying the great outdoors. Besides our Hikers Network Hiking Club and our Junior Club, we run various Enviro-Hiking Clubs in various communities in and around Cape Town. These include Mitchell’s Plain, Blackheath, Bonteheuvel, Bishop Lavis, Hannover Park, and Strandfontein.
Our other hiking clubs include Pollsmoor Enviro-Hiking Club, Nurses Who Care, Rainbow Hiking Club, and Ubuntu Hiking Club.
About our hikes
All our hikes are free of charge, although donations are always welcome to support our community development work and Mountain Search & Rescue activities (training, equipment, etc). Please note that we hike as a team and that we stick together from start to finish. We also leave no trace behind – only our footprints.
Before you join one of our hikes, please:
- Check the grading and duration of the route you intend joining
- RSVP with the designated Hike Leader and Co-ordinator
- Be on time, or preferably arrive well before the stipulated departure time
- Report any medical condition should with the hike leader in private
- Sign the register at the beginning and end of each hike
During our hikes, please:
- Adhere to the basic safety rules
- Respect and execute the instructions given by hike leaders
- Don’t smoke before and during the hike, and whilst being debriefed
- Don’t litter or deface of the environment
- Don’t pick flowers
- For safety reasons, nobody may leave the group early.
What you need to bring:
- A backpack
- At least 2 litres of water
- Fully charged cell phone
- A litter Bag for all waste (including fruit peels and stalks)
- Warm clothing (the weather can change unexpectedly)
- Cap and hat
- Hiking shoes or boots
Sign up for our hikes below: