Hikers Network Hiking Club
• All hikes are free.
• Please check the grading and duration of the listed hiking route that you intend joining.
• Please RSVP to the designated Hike Leader and Co-ordinator of the Hikers Network Hiking Club.
• Arrive on or before the stipulated time – delays can cause complications.
• Any medical conditions should be relayed to the hike leader in private.
• Each hiker will be required to sign the register at the beginning and end of the hike.
• Hikers will be required to adhere to the basic safety rules of hiking.
• We ask that hikers at all times respect and execute the instructions given by hike leaders.
• No smoking before, during or at the end of the hike while being debriefed.
• No littering or defacing of the environment will be tolerated.
• No picking of flowers.
• For safety reasons, nobody may leave the group early.
We hike as a team, we stick together from start to finish, and we leave no trace behind – only our footprints.
Basic necessities for each hike
Carry a backpack with the following:
• At least 2 liters of water
• Snacks (include something salty as well as sweet)
• Fully charged cellphone
• Litter Bag for all waste, including fruit peels and stalks.
• Rainwear and warm clothing – weather can change unexpectedly.