The Hikers Network -Junior Hiking Club (HNJHC) was launched on October 1st 2016 and is the only Junior Hiking Club of its kind in the Western Cape. Since its inception, the club has grown to approximately 200 members, with ages ranging from 4 to 12 years.
The JHC’s launch took place at Newlands Forest. From the helipad, we made our way along the circular route towards the Stonebridge where the children enjoyed some treats and a talk from the president of The Hikers Network president, Anwaaz Bent.
- To encourage safe hiking amongst its members and their relatives
- To promote friendships and interactions
- To foster diversity: our Junior Members come from different cultures, religions and communities within Cape Town.
- To promote fitness and health amongst children
- To teach the kids to act responsibly in nature, with an emphasis on safety
- To teach children about nature
- To teaching our
- To have fun in nature